Five beautiful sunsets in Iceland
In the spring and autumn we get "normal" sunset hours here in Iceland, not at 02:00 in the night like in the summer when most people are sleeping, and not at 15:00 hours when we are usually busy working in the office or where ever. In September you can be relaxed, going home, making dinner and even watching the news before going out to shoot the sunset, and still being able to come home long before midnight. Here are a few examples of Icelandic sunsets.
Sunset at the South coast.
1. South coast near the Ölfusá river
Sunset in Borgarfjörður
2. The Snæfellsjökull Glacier in the afternoon glow. Borgarfjörður in the foreground.
Sunset in the East Fjords.In Breiðdalsvík on East Iceland late at night in mid july.
3. In Breiðdalsvík on East Iceland late at night in mid july.
4. Sunset at Hvaleyri beach in the town of Hafnarfjörður south of Reykjavik.
Sunset at SnaefellsjokullThe sun is setting over the Glacier Snæfellsjökull in West Iceland.
5. Well, I cheated a little bit with this one. The sunset over Snæfellsjökull glacier seen from Mosfellsbær town, near Reykjavik. On the second one the sun sat down onto the top crater of Snæfellsjökull glacier, and a few moments later it rolled down the north slopes of the glacier and under the horizon.
No comments posted.
Recent PostsIce cave adventure in Iceland 10 unknown waterfalls in Iceland 10 best of 2015 Bring the proof back home Bring Nature closer to you My great grandfather, the Explorer Iceland's glaciers retreat every year Aurora nights ahead Three nights and days at the Glacier Lagoon Five beautiful sunsets in Iceland